Remember that time...
9/11 Feature Film
Remember that time your camera work on an HBO film won an Emmy, and then NHK from Japan showed up at your house to shoot your story as part of a feature news documentary that aired to an audience of 35 million.
Derek understands that no amount of digital magic can tell the complete story. The craft of film-making takes a multitude of work and life experience to achieve. Derek has broken thru the impossible dream and now is working full time not only sharing his own stories, but also the stories of others. Writing short stories was his first creative outlet and now directing commercial and Narrative work is a natural extension of that work.
911 Documentary Work
1. The most published scene I filmed from 9/11. It contributed to an Emmy win, and helped garner other awards.
2. CameraPlanet 9/11 Archive: http://thecameraplanetarchive.magnify.net/
3. HBO 9/11 Documentary “In Memoriam”; also on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com
4. History Channel Documentary: “102 Minutes that Changed America“
5. History Channel Documentary: “9/11: The Days After“
6. National Geographic: Explorer series
7. NHK Documentary: “5 People Who Filmed 9/11″; broadcast to over 30 million worldwide.